It has been said that a home that’s filled with the light of Christ’s truth and the warmth of his love radiates joy far beyond its walls. The family, especially in the Christian sense of it, plays an essential role in our baptismal call to be disciples and missionaries. Each member of the family is called to holiness and to reflect this holiness in his or her state of life.
The following are some thoughts on family and the important role it has to play in our society to make it a much safer and happy place for all people to live and enjoy:
- The family should be such an effective voice for the things that matter.
- The family should be sharing its faith with other families.
- The family should become a saving community in such a way that it is communicating Christ’s love to others in word and action.
- The family should be such that it succeeds in living love as communion and service as a reciprocal gift open to all.
- The family should be such that it has to receive and transmit the divine love realized in the mutual commitment of the spouses, in generous and responsible procreation, in the care and welfare of the children, work and social relationships, with attention to the less fortunate and the deprived, in participation in church activities, and in commitment to civil society.
- The family should become an evangelizing community by accepting the Gospel as it matures in faith.
- The family should impact the entire society by its positive example.
- The family should be educating children in moral values in such a way that they would grow morally upright and mature.
- The family should be fostering an environment where children learn skills, morals, and values.
- The family should create structure and stability in the lives of family members.